Tuesday, May 23, 2006
the one about the past
Philippians 3:14 "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." God has called us to look forward in life. We are created to expect the future. But you see, men are funny creatures. We like to dwell on the past. Be it our achievements, our dumb mistakes, our crazy experiences, we just want to think and talk about them again and again and again. We seem to not want to let go of what has passed us by.
Why is that so? Because we want to remember? Because the past seemed better than what we have now? Personally, I love to think about my past; the people who have passed me by, the interesting events that had once taken my breath away, the pits I fell into and the hands that were there to life me up. Yes, I reminisce much about the past but I recognise that what's gone has gone. My past affected my present and my present will affect my future. So what is more important, my past or my future?
So my friend, my advice to you is to let go of the past. Let your present affect what you are going to be in the future. We are not created to look back but to look ahead.
10:37 PM