La Musique

Saturday, June 17, 2006

the one where love triumphs over time

I've been thinking about the saying "Time healeth all". Is it really true? Or are men trying to settle for something less again? If Time can take away the pain, peels off the memories, and erase the negative things in life, we can just wait life away. If Time is our antidote to pain, then there's no need for us to hurt anymore, isn't it? Does Time really heals, or does it just sweep everything under the carpet?

Sadly, I do not believe in that saying because time has proven to me as disappointing when it comes to taking away the pain. 7 years later and I still hurt whenever I see a lookalike. Tell me, has Time done his job if I can still feel the same bitterness I had years ago? The only evidence of him not sleeping on his job is that my memory has started to fail me a little.

I believe more in "Love healeth all". Because you love, you are able to forgive. Because you're able to love AND forgive, you're able to forget. If you are hurting, the love from someone else can close the wound. If you are discouraged, the encouragement from a loved one can lift you up. Because you love, all things are possible.

If you ask me, I think Love has completed the job everyone expects Time to do. And I will not settle for anything less.

11:10 PM