La Musique

Monday, July 31, 2006

the one about the relationship

I remember one day in cell group when Douglas related our relationship with God to a normal BGR relationship. And he mentioned this thing about the girl always doing the majority of the sharing and how we should be like the girl in our relationship to God; always sharing and also initiating conversation.

I kind of like that illustration and I can share from my point of view. You see, for me, I wait daily. I wait for my bf to call me nightly and if he does, I'll happily give him the time. If he doesn't, I'll go to bed disappointed and a little broken because the waiting counts for nothing.

Think about it. God is always waiting at the other end of the line. If we dial P-R-A-Y-E-R, He'll happily give us all the time in the world. He'll stop the angels from singing, stop every activity in Heaven so that He can hear what you have to say to Him. If we forget to dial the hotline, imagine how He would feel when His waiting counts for nothing. Sure, He has all eternity but guess what? The God Who created the Heavens and the earth, the God Who loves you unceasingly wants to talk to you and waits for you. Imagine what it would be like if you had to wait for God to be there?

Let's not take God for granted. For you will dread the day He turns His back on you.

And let's not take the person whom you know waits for you for granted. Because for all you know, you might turn around one day and realise that the person have given up on waiting for you. And that, my friend, would be all your fault.

1:05 AM