Friday, July 21, 2006
the one where the future knocks on my door
It's amazing how time flies. It seems like yesterday when the 6 of us first came together after MUMI paper to discuss FYP and now 14 days is all there is left of FYP. I feel satisfied, to have gain whatever I have gained in the past 5 months. When they say life is a rollercoaster, believe them. Now that FYP is coming to an end, it's time for the final lap in my poly journey - ITP.
The frantic mad rush to self-source our own companies is over. Now everything's in God's hands. He's my Jehovah Jireh, He's my Provider.
I've given my future some thought. What exactly do I want to do in the prison Services? An enforcer? A psychologist? I want to make an impact in lives, not just become the person you'll see and forget but I want to leave a legacy. Thus, I've decided to concentrate on SCORE. I'm planning to take up Social Work in uni, majoring more on dealing with ex-convicts and helping them adapt back into society. I was browsing through the modules and I've made up my mind already. Had a talk with my dad and he told me to just go for it. I'm so grateful for my parents who are ever so supportive of me. It's true that they have their hopes for me to become some economist but I know that they really respect my decision for my future.
I have my dream and aspiration all along but there have been people, especially the people whom I love the most, putting me down. But thank God for others such as Wei Ping or even my audio lecturer Geoffrey who have encouraged me in little ways. Now I'm all set to pursue my dream and make it a reality. It's not going to be easy, and it may not turn out what I have expected it to be. But as long as I keep my eyes on God, as long as I keep my intention of helping other people, as long as I still want to make an impact, I know that all things are possible.
So who's the next person to tell me this is just a passing phase? Who's the next in line to tell me I can't make it?
Whave I learnt in these 3 years? Many precious lessons that I would not learnt if I had not taken this path. Above all, I've learnt to believe in myself.
11:15 PM