Anyway, what have I been thinking about? You know we're like in the 3rd quarter of the year but we're still scraping the icing of Revelation book? And how I've always been into the Rapture and the tribulation part? I mean, different Christians like to use different topics to evangelize, like some likes to focus on the grace and forgiveness part and some like to preach of a loving God. Me? I rather push the urgency of the end of the world.
Yes, you did not read wrongly. The world is coming to an end. Look at the signs around you. Diseases are spreading around. New diseases are sprouting out every now and then. After the AIDS epidemic died down, SARS came along. Then bird flu, Dengue Fever and now bird flu again. Look at Middle East. There's no peace. Never will have until Jesus Christ comes to establish His kingdom on earth. Look at the so-called world unions around the world. Aren't they moving towards the so-called one world government? And the Bible predicted about all these 5000 years ago.
I started reading "Left Behind" series again. It grips me. It sets me thinking but since office has made me dumber, I can only think during lunch. It's the very thought of being well, left behind.
When the rapture comes, and when God takes His people with Him, there will be ultimate chaos. People will disappear in the twinkling of an eye, leaving ALL their earthly possessions behind. The remaining people would try to find answers to the disappearances or when they come to realize it's the work of God, they would question whether this is the work of a loving God. Biggest question is, when God has to do something so drastic as that, would it catch your attention?
That perhaps would be the biggest move of God to catch your attention. And if you miss His gift of salvation once, would you miss it again?
You see, I was thinking; it would be worse for people who know the truth but miss it, compared to the ignorant people who miss it. Sad isn't it? To be a "Christian" but misses His plan of salvation for you?
I pray with all my heart that I'm deemed worthy of the rapture. I don't call myself the perfect Christian. Despite what people may say, I know that I'm not a "walking Bible", nor am I a "spiritual giant". I may have been raised in a Christian environment but there were times when I stumbled and fell in my personal walk with Christ. I don't proclaim to have read the Bible every single day of my life, prayed long and meaningful prayers all the time, or wanted to evangelize and tell people of Christ every time I'm in a conversation. Quite the contrary, my prayers are so short and simple it would time less than 5 minutes from beginning to end, I read the Bible only when my spirit reminds me to and I can't bring myself to open my mouth to share Christ sometimes. But I so wish that my life, my testimony had helped to touch people along the way. I pray that my walk with Christ had been a fruitful one.
It's not because I’m afraid of trials and tribulation. Maybe I am but I want to be considered as one who belongs to God. That when I finally stand before Him and all my works were brought out and burnt with holy fire, I do not want them to disintegrate into ashes and smoke only.
I want my life to count for something. If I were to die and meet God, I want to hear Him say "Well done, my good and faithful servant". I want my life to produce fruits. I don't it to just pass and achieve nothing.
Which is why I've determined in my heart to be a social worker, helping ex-convicts return to society. I can't let my life waste away. If I have to live, then I want a live a life that touch other lives, one that impacts others.
People ask how come I'm so sure this is the life for me. If you ever receive a prompting in your heart that's so specific and so clear, if you can stay true to your ideals and aspirations despite how people put you down, if you see yourself doing it despite not knowing how to go about achieving this goal, if you have prayed and seek God and He has shown you His ways by closing others doors, then maybe you should pursue the prompting you have received.
Life is all about going up and going down. I may seem like the picture perfect person but I have my fair share of failure. Take my driving for example; it was quite a blow for me. Up till now, whenever I lie in bed before dozing off, my mind will repeatedly run the steps needed to do the various courses. I'll think and think and think about how and why I failed. It's not that I can't take failure. It's just that I've placed my self-confidence as a stake in my driving. I've put in so much effort that I can't take failure lying down. To be honest, I have no confidence whether I can pass this time round. I don't want to give myself expectations nor do I want to keep others' expectations up. Which is why, I refuse to tell people the date of my re-test. I rather fight this battle along with God by my side only.
1 Sep 2006 marked the start of the registration for PSC. I have no idea what tomorrow holds for me, but I know Who holds tomorrow. There's an inner peace in me that surpasses all understanding. It's going to be busy but fulfilling holidays. I look forward to so many things but I wish time could stop for me to enjoy my last teen year. Now that I'm on the verge of graduating from poly, I'm filled with a sense of anticipation. My life has a purpose and a direction. And I'm all out to fulfill them.
I like new beginnings.
I like living with a purpose.
I like living knowing God is beside me.
If God is going to call me home one day, I want to be ready.