Monday, November 20, 2006
the one about beauty
Those who say beauty is the eye of the beholder are liars.
I want to be beautiful in people's eyes. Who doesn't? The world sees beauty first, not brains. They look at your eyes, your ears, your complexion, your teeth, your smile. They NEVER look at your character nor your "inner beauty" first. So trust me, the world talks bullshit most of the time.
I have beautiful friends since young. And people like me are there to let them outshine us. I've lost count of how many guys have come up to me to ask for my help to woo my friends. And the sickening thing? These girls know that they're beautiful coz people tell them so, but they deny it. Because of sheer humility? Or they want to hear those words they love to hear once more? I don't know because I was never and will never be like them.
Some girls can twist men around their fingers. I can't. So I stomp them under my feet and show them who's boss. Am I proud of it? No, I feel bitter.
Never once have I felt beautiful but does it stop me from being who I am? It may be a blessing sometimes. It makes you realise that your friends are your friends for really who you are. CY & Pam have seen me grow from the 11-year-old to the woman I am becoming. Clara watched me grow out of puberty. They're not my friends because I have perfect skin or big sparkling eyes. They are my friends because I am me.
Inferior complexity you say? I beg to differ. I love who I am. I know who I'm not and who I can't be. My lack of of physical beauty has never stopped me from becoming the kind of person I'm supposed to be. And in the end, even if no one appreciates me, I appreciate me.
"You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Coz words can't bring you down"
11:46 PM