Friday, November 10, 2006
the one about rainy days
When I was young, I hated rainy days. I hated having my clothes wet; I hated being cold; most of all, I hated the rain because it felt sad.
As I grew up, I learnt how to appreciate rain. For one, it reflects my mood. It rained when I walked out after a major disagreement with my EDS friends and leaders. The rain that fell alongside the speeding MRT train that afternoon surprisingly, was a welcoming sight to me.
Or the mini storm that blew this afternoon after I STORMED from Funan to Miss Clarity's to deliver Jeremy's DV tapes that cost me 3 hours of my time.
I had a good mind to just walk in the rain. Like who cares if I get wet and get sick from it? I was feeling damn frustrated, pissed, disappointed, angry and sad all at once. Above all, I was feeling sorry for my sad sorry self. Stupid pride of mine.
Just before I walked out onto the pavement into the pouring rain, not to mention me being the only idiot to do that, it suddenly dawned upon me. I may love him so much to run an errand for him without asking anything back in return but I do love myself too.
So I took out my brolly and walked in the rain, throwing off that idiotic self of mine. Looked up to the skies where water was being poured down from Heaven and smiled. See? I'm not alone. The skies are shedding water too.
I understand one fact; if I want others to love me, I need to learn to love myself first.
God picked the right day to do His laundry.
8:37 PM