Saturday, December 23, 2006
the one before Christmas
my grown up christmas wishDo You remember me
I sat upon Your knee
I wrote to You with childhood fantasies
Well, I'm all grown up now
And still need help somehow
I'm not a child, but my heart still can dream
So here's my life long wish
My grown-up Christmas wish
Not for myself but for a world in need
No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
Everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown-up Christmas list
As children we believed
The grandest sight to see
Was something lovely wrapped beneath our tree
Well Heaven surely knows
That packages and bows
Can never heal a hurting soul
No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
Everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown-up Christmas list
What is the illusion called the innocence of youth
Maybe only in our blind belief can we ever find the truth
No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
Everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown-up Christmas list
we were the reasonAs little children we would dream of christmas morn
And all the gifts and toys
we knew we'd find
But we never realised
A baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives
We were the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live
As the years went by, we learnt more about gifts
The giving of ourselves and what that means
On a dark and cloudy day
A man hang crying in the rain
All because of love
All because of love
We were the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live
I finally found the reason for living
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do, every word that I say
I'll be giving my all just for Him
We were the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live
11:59 PM