Friday, January 26, 2007
the one with the tribute
I count today not just as the last day of ITP but my last day as a poly student.
It's finally over; my 3 years in poly. From the every first day I stepped in till tomorrow when I will finally step out, it has been a good 3 years. Despite the frequent blunders and the occasional thunderstorms, I've survived them all. Despite the pain and the gain, I've stepped forth victorious.
This route was not an easy route for me. But He showed me that it was the route for me. At the end of this journey, now I see that His plans and future for me are greater than what my perfectly human mind can think of.
Tomorrow, I shall return back to school as a full-fledged SP SMIT student for the last time. And as I climb the familiar hill once more, as I step into the MLT again, and walk the corridor along the computer labs, the stage shall be set for my final curtain call.
Nostalgia sets in. Melancholy takes centre stage. Yet I look back at the windows of time and see that extra pair of footprints beside mine. I ponder through the pages of memories and see His hand working in my life.
So this is it. It's the end of this journey but the beginning of another. I might not know what tomorrow holds for me, but I know Who holds tomorrow.
*Here's a tribute to those who has walked with me in this journey*: To my Lord Jesus the Alpha : You are the beginning, my beginning. You were there when I first stepped into unfamiliarity. You were there when I wanted to give up. You were there to promise me that You'll see me through. You were there when I thought no one was with me. You were there to encourage me to press on.
: To Rey and Tzi Yun : To have walked through these 3 years with the both of you has been a great joy to me. To have laughed, cried and rolled on the floor together, to have gossiped and bared our hearts out to each other. Yes, this journey has been meaningful with the both of you around.
: To Shu Hui, Alan and Xiao Wei : Thank you for standing by me throughout FYP. For the gossips and the meals together, for sweating it out with me, burning midnight oil together, doing overnight editing together, for letting me vent my frustrations when I was going nuts and for becoming some of my greatest buddies in poly.
: To my GYL peeps : For making poly life colourful. For the crazy dirty jokes and the best companionship a girl can have from MM guys.
: To Jen and all my other lecturers : Thank you for believing in me and for giving me so many opportunities. Thank you for being more than a lecturer but a friend as well.
: To CY & Pam : For your encouragement and that silent friendship we share that is not bound by senses or distance.
: To Ensapi : For acceptance, prayer support and the never-ending makan tours and makan get-together.
: To Jerelyn and Michelle : For being crazy with me and being such great sisters to me.
: To Jeremy : For reverse psychology. Yah, right.
: To the other Jeremy my brother : For your reverse psychology too. And for spurring me on by telling me that whatever I achieved was never good enough.
: To my Mum & Dad : For giving me the freedom to pursue what I want to pursue. For leaving me on my own to survive on my own. For showing me what true independence is. And for always trusting in my abilities.
: To my Jesus Christ my Omega : You were my beginning at my beginning, and my end at this end. At the end of it all, I want to say "Thank You Lord". Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
1:06 AM