La Musique

Thursday, February 15, 2007

the one about conditioning

I made a choice that I hope that's glorifying unto God. No matter where I am, what I do, or which talent I use, I pray that my life will be a testimony for His glory.

Jeremy's dad lent me "Brave New World" so I've been savouring every single word of it happily for the past few days. Hah. Come to think of it, this is my third time reading it cover to cover. It's such an utopia world created in the story. Like what I told his dad, George Orwell "1984" has a greater possibility of coming true in the future. To be controlled by a world power who constantly change historical facts to keep up with current events so as to let it appear that the citizens are happier sounds more real.

Nonetheless, I adore BNW.

Truth & beauty vs. Comfort & happiness; which would you choose? In a world where people are happy because they get what they want and do not want what they cannot get, where social stability means the lack of love and proper emotions, where everyone is conditioned such that you can't help but behave how you behave, would you stop by and see the beauty in things? Would you see the emptiness and seek the truth of why you live the way you live?

Aldous Huxley missed an important point. There's a deep longing in every being to find God. Question will be in whom or what will we find our God/god.

Not to mention slogans that do not make sense but people believe them nonetheless. "Everyone belong to everyone else."
They remind of the Party's slogans in "1984", 'War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength" and no one seems to see the irony in them. It's amazing what power society holds on each one of us.

I'm going to catch up on my reading. I bought "Sophie's world" yesterday. It was 4 years ago when I first read it so perhaps I would be more able to comprehend it now. Ah Ally... Mitch Albom's books please. *grin*

1:19 AM