La Musique

Friday, February 23, 2007

the one after the long CNY hols

I'm sorry if I'm missed here, but procrastination got the better of me. I was in such a holiday mood that I put off finalising, rendering and burning out of the SNOW teaser. The result? The sight of Joycelyn in a mad frantic trying to get it done so that she could pass it to Douglas on time. I must have missed rushing last-minute stuff for a video project.

CNY was gratefully peaceful. This year's celebrations lacked the usual noise and gutter and whatever we had in the past. Surprisingly, we were back at home before 10pm, which was never the case for all the CNY I had endured. I dedicate it to the fact that this is the second CNY we're having without my grandma, and not forgetting that my 5th aunt and my cousin Andrew have just lost their husband and father a month ago.

So it's a quiet affair this year. For that I'm quite satisfied. Yes, I love crowds but I love crowds with people whom I'm comfortable with and my extended family is the last thing that reminds me of comfort. And I bet my bottom dollar that they'll be doing the same thing next year again; so-called female cousins photos, they remember everyone but me and doesn't seem to notice that I'm missing. It's always either one of my aunts or uncles or my mother who realised that I'm not where I am supposed to be. But please, even if they offer me, I would rather not appear in a photo with them. No love lost, no love gained. They grew up forgetting about me, and I grew up having forgotten them.

No love lost, no love gained. I hate having fake smiles and laughter.

Thank God for proper company on CNY Day 3. Alan, Shu Hui, CK, Sherilyn and I went house-visiting! It was sher's place in the morning WHERE they taught me and Shu Hui how to play manjong. Hah! Contamination of the mind! Then they came over my place to watch Wu Zun! Played a few rounds of Blackjack with them before Alan, CK and I headed to Shu's place. Then we decided to play Blackjack with money but the stakes were low. Finally went over Jeremy's place and went out to the airport for dinner.

If you ask me, I find CNY Day 3 the most fulfilling, the happiest and the most enjoyable day out of the 3 days. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate my family; I am just unable to love every one of them.

CNY only happens once a year. And I can understand why that is so.

Pam, CY and I are meeting up on Sunday for more visitations. Yay!

12:56 AM