Thursday, March 22, 2007
the one about yesterday
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:13-14
A city on a hill cannot be hidden. What a way to describe a believer in Christ.
We are not to be hidden behind the 4 walls of the church. We are not to retreat into the darkness. If we are the light of the world, just a beam can light up this generation of darkness. Ask yourself, are you part of the Moses' generation who saw and yet did not believe; or part of the Joshua's generation who trusted in God to provide the Promise Land?
I want to be part of the Joshua generation.
That aside, yesterday was the Excellence Awards ceremony at MLT 1. And Nat wants to copy the content I'm writing for this event. =P Anyway, so yesterday was the day students were honoured for their achievements and efforts after a year of hard work. It wasn't a huge and grand event, but in my opinion, a small, quiet and warm event. And what better way to celebrate the event than to be seated next to one of my oldest (Mind you.. OLDEST should be an understatement.) friend from poly?
So this was what happened; I came in one hour or so before the commencement of the event to NOT rehearse through the sequence, but to actually talk and laugh together with Nat, Timothy and Cashwin, all of us being SP nominees for the PSC Scholarship. Of course, Nat was the centre of it all, being totally devoured by the constant reminders of his
AVERAGE GPA OF 4. Cashwin was not spared either, with Nat wanting to shift some attention from himself to someone else. So all in all, it felt good. There wasn't the tension I expected but just pure good fun. *grin*
Ah well, Nat, this is the part you were waiting for... In order to cure the boredom, I took some crazy photos. And NAT, not being the ultimate poser, actually had a nice shot! Like this...

And of course not forgetting...

The event ended quite early. Michael was around and so he got me and Nat to do a short footage. Like I said, I think Michael loves Nat but the camera begs to differ. 3 filming sessions!! *chuckle*
It felt good to return to school for such a reason. Not to mention that I get to meet old friends like Nat. And of course, receiving a trophy that is heavy enough to be a murder weapon.
Gosh, I don't feel like growing up suddenly. Oh no. Now what?
Oh yah, graduation ceremony in 2 months' time.
11:59 PM