La Musique

Sunday, April 15, 2007

the one about my teen years

15 more days before I leave my teen days behind.

Have I been a rebellious teen? Have I given my mother pain? Or have I been the daughter I am supposed to be?

What have I been doing with the 7 years God gave me?

I went through secondary education and my poly education. I made choices and I have not spent one day in regret.

I made good friends, lost some friendships in secondary school and yet have maintained long lasting contacts with many others from DHS and SP.

I started my ministry with God, serving Him with my voice in Speedlight and main service, with my actions in Sparklight, with my talents in Speedlight Woodlands, and with my testimony every single day.

I met one of the bestest friends I can ever meet, who can scream, laugh and cry with me. Her name is Clara. I met the younger sister I thought I never could have, who have given me much joy unknowingly. Her name is Jerelyn.

I saw the process of how my grandmother got saved and finally baptised. Both my maternal grandparents went home to be with the Lord; when I was 13 and 18 respectively. And I know it's just a temporary separation.

I witnessed how my mother fought against breast cancer and came forth victorious.

I got my driver's license after much internal battle.

I saw how God can transform someone inside out in my elder brother.

I stepped into romance and courtship, into a journey of self discovery. Even though we came to a conclusion after nearly 2 years of courtship that the time is not ripe, I have gained one of the most comfortable friend I can find. And his name is Jeremy.

I received my university acceptance letters and have come to realise that my future is in God's hands. He holds my tomorrow, I shall not worry.

I gained much, I lost some. All in all, God is my constant. My parents are my constant. Pamela and Chang Yang are my constant. And I am my own constant.

Here's to a good 7 years well spent.

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near
-"Draw me close"

11:43 PM