Monday, June 18, 2007
the one about a mask
Admit it.
We all wear a mask, or masks for a matter of fact. We live in a world so unreal, we dare not to be who we really are to everyone we meet. We hide, we run because maybe we are afraid of who we are actually.
What about the times when you felt your worst and yet has to say "I'm fine" in the face of "How are you"? Or the times you knew you had to smile and laugh when all you wanted to do is to rip yourself apart? Or the times you had to act right because you forgot what it was like to actually be right?
You can't take it off. You don't want to take it off. The very idea of letting your bare and raw skin touch the the filth of this world puts you off. You can't let people see you at your weakest. You can't let them see you bare, raw and naked. You want to protect yourself from them, but how do you protect against yourself?
No, I won't want to take it off. Because I am afraid I'll realise how weak I actually am behind those covers.
12:51 AM