Wednesday, June 20, 2007
the one about time
Time is of essence to us.
If you know me, you will know that I am a person of order. Not in a sense where I walk around with an organiser and plan my life to the second, but in the sense where I like to create to-do lists for myself at the start of the day and make sure that I complete them by the time I'm ready to say "Goodnight Lord". And if you know me well enough, you'll know that I hate to be idle. I love to have things to do, to have my hands full and to spend my time in the most meaningful way I can.
Yet, I enjoy rest, enjoy just slacking on the couch with a good book and a hot steaming cup of coffee, I enjoy serving God in church, enjoy just walking around and spending time with people who are the world to me.
I find it quite sad actually. When I was working at Runner's World, I walked into office when day is just starting. The sun is just coming out and yet you have to go into office to face the 4 dull walls of a room. When you step out upon knocking off, the sun is setting and day is turning into night. Makes you wonder how all that happened when you were somewhere else. Feels quite sad.
We don't have alot of time.
We can't have more time.
We don't need more time.
We don't have enough time.
Because we do not know when the clock will strike twelve for us.
As of now, I have time for you, so don't hesitate to call me out. If not, I'll just lose myself to my books.
12:03 AM