La Musique

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the one about my foc with noodles

I'm back from camp! Yayness! Haha! It was absolutely fun. I don't think I can recall everything but here goes.

The OG group names were noodles this year. From what we were told, last year's were seafood. I'm from Mee kia!!

Do.... Re...... Mi....
Kia Kia Kia!!!


That's one of our cheers, which sounds silly in the real world but is actually super fun to do when you're in camp. My mentality is as such, that I should do stupid funny things whenever I can do stupid funny things.

Anyway, I joined Mee Kia on the second day coz I was in hospital on Monday. That's another story in itself. Joined them at Sentosa where they spent the night and had a horrible breakfast which was pre-planned. *Ahem* It was quite intimidating trying to remember 22 names all at once but I felt so much love from them. We had beach games with lots of water bombs and we won! LIKE MUHAHAHAHA!!! We also tried the Sentosa Luge which I've always gawked at but never set foot on. We also played old games like 'blow wind blow' and 'polar bear'. I learnt this new pass-time game called 'i have never'. After lunch, it was more beach games with more water bombs. We even had to build sandcastles, which eventually had to withstand the attack of water bombs from the other groups. We also had indoor games like eating the watermelon without hands. AND WE WON AGAIN!! Yayness!

Noodle Master says that the Mee kias are,
The great big noodles at the top of the jar
Noodle Master says that the other noodles are
The teeny weeny crumbs at the bottom of the jar
EAT UP THOSE CRUMBS
EAT UP THOSE CRUMBS
YUM YUM YUM!


We slept in Hall 9 for the last 3 nights. Ka Hei & Evelyn were my roommates and we became fast friends too.

We had Amazing Race the next day which was fun and tiring because we really had to go to different parts of the world. We ran from NTU to Army Market to MacRitchie Reservoir to Toa Payoh to Merlion Park to VivoCity and eventually back to school. There were some hiccups along the way but I'll not mention them in case there are future CS students reading this. It's a CS tradition. *Ahem*

Thursday was water games day where I got to play banana boat and kayaking. There wasn't competition that day, only pure good fun. But that night, we did not get to sleep until 5.30am coz of... FRIGHT NIGHT!

Fright Night started with a movie which happened to be 28 days later which I did not watch coz I was crying. It wasn't that I was afraid afraid but I made a promise to God and myself that I will not watch such movies anymore after my encounter with "28 weeks later" at the movies. I didn't want to push myself into a temptation to be freaked out, nor do I want to break that promise.

There are altogether 4 routes for Fright Night. I broke down at the first station of the first route when I went in with Evelyn and Lyndsey. The female "ghost" was fingering me, touching me and some other stuff. I was still a little haunted from my memories of the Infected. Not to mention that the window pane actually CREAKED!! I have no idea how they did it. Anyway, I broke down, so I got rescued. But I really wanted to go through the whole route because it's an OG thing. So... my second attempt at route 1 was with the seniors, Kelvin, Dawn and another senior whose name I have forgotten. I think I screamt and cried. Ziliang was like trying his best to comfort me every time I come out of the room by telling me to look at the deco. Like that helped. To sum it all up, I lasted through route 1, while still thinking of the Infected. I feel darn proud of myself.

I decided to press on, so I decided to go through route 2 with Evelyn and Lyndsey. Ziliang was warning me, coz there are no rooms for route 2 which means it's "chiong all the way". We went into the lift where there were no lights and had to go to the 5th level. It was the haunted hospital route. I didn't feel very good nor very bad. I just knew I had to go through it. I think I was repeating "Joycelyn you can do it" between sobs and screams. Evelyn was laughing beside me and Lyndsey was hiding somewhere I think. Anyway, through the route, one of the ghosts was saying "You are very brave" and that made me feel better. The mental department of the hospital was the worst for me coz they ended up screaming at us. Route 2 was okay for me coz I was beginning to forget about the Infected. Haha.

Route 3 was the best for me coz I didn't scream nor cry. In fact, I think I was leading the way, comforting one of my partners. Maybe it's because it was too late into the night AND I WAS TOO EXHAUSTED to be freaked out. Maybe it's because I was getting used to their tactics. Jumping out of an empty hole, someone suddenly grabbing my leg or hand. There was this senior who acted crazy and went laughing hysterically suddenly. Evelyn & Lyndsey screamt but I laughed coz I remembered him doing something funny at breakfast that morning. I think I really must be too tired. Hah.

Last day was a daze for me. I don't remember being so disorientated after sleeping 2 hours when I was rushing FYP last year. Must be the age difference *chuckle* I think we had speed dating then some school talks and Starry Starry Night. We finally ended camp at 10pm at night. This is like the longest camp I have ever been to BUT definitely the BEST orientation camp!!! YAY!! SCI ROCKS!!!

Next up will be hall camp, which people are warning me about. Till then, I'm recovering from my sore throat, cough, headache and fever.

1:36 PM