La Musique

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

the one about the year before

I'm feeling nostalgic.
National's Day round the corner.

What was I doing on this exact date last year? What was I going through then? What emotions surrounded me then? What principles had I held on to then?

Every step I took shaped me into the person I am today. Without each fall, without each pit in its place, without the helping hands I received, without the joy and exhilaration, I would not be me today.

I appreciate the opportunity given. I cherish the experience created. It's something I can never erase from my memory. Produzione, great work done. I'm proud to be part of you, to have led you through those gruelling months, to have fought alongside you and to share in your laughter and tears. Jen, thank you for letting us shine. NDP 2006 would never be what it is to me without all the dear people who offered their support, prayers and love.

This year feels different. I guess this is how every NDP participant feels every August. Maybe this emotion will fade off as the years progress. Maybe I might get another chance to be part of this experience again. Maybe I will grow out of this excitement.

But I will never forget.

12:03 AM