Friday, July 20, 2007
the one with my confusing rantings
I realised that there are stark differences to poly and university, and yet some similarities between them. For starters, there was GEMS (General Elective Modules) in SP, where we had to complete at least one module each from the cluster of Arts, Business and Science modules. In NTU, we have GER-PE (General Prescribed Electives) which function like GEMS with the same cluster of Arts, Business and Science/Technology. Major difference now is that since I'm undergoing an arts related course, I'll have to fulfil more academic units requirements from the Science/Technology category. And I have not gone into the UEs (Unrestricted Electives) yet. I feel lost, literally lost. I have been searching and reading school website since morning but I still feel lost. I'm also deciding on what to minor on. I have actually decided to pick up a minor in Public Administration, but SCI's website reveals that there's a new minor in drama and performance for SCI students, WHICH SOUNDS EXCELLENTLY INTERESTING to me. Plus, I still do not see the modules for my minor programme showing up on the list of GER-PE which makes me wonder whether I'm able to take my GER-PE to fulfil my requirements for a minor. So, does that mean that I can fulfil my minor requirements with my UE? Interesting right? Totally confusing as well.
One thing's for sure. Gone are the days where our education paths get planned out for us, where we ONLY had to crack out brains thinking about which TWO electives we have to take, and actually had the only fun of doing "fastest finger first" when we fought like kiasu Singaporeans while trying to register for our GEM.
I think I need to find a direction. Maybe I should just ask for directions.
On a happier note, got my allocation for hall just minutes ago. I will be planting myself at hall 14 as of August. It's quite far in, and I still have not much details of the transport there. I will try to find out more details and hopefully have a chance of doing a tiny room-warming party. Oh, I forgot. I have a roommate. =P
3:26 PM