Thursday, August 09, 2007
the one about a nostalgic holiday
Today is every Singaporean's birthday.
Goodness, I check myself and realised that I sound a little too patriotic for my own liking. *chuckle* Truth be told, I love this little island which I've called home for so many years. There's this sense of familiarity which I can't get rid of, and somehow, like any other lazy human, I love my comfort zone.
I've always loved National Day, coz it's the only day people stop taking this country for granted. I sing my national anthem with pride, I say my pledge with conviction and I stand tall bearing witness for Singapore. I guess NDP will always feel different for me ever since NDP 2006. Being involved in NDP, even not as a performer, made my world. It felt great to be able to partake in the festive mood by being part of the creation of the mood.
So here I am, reminiscing about my glorious days back in NDP 2006. And though there wasn't as many spectacular events like this year's show, our selling point last year was it being the last NDP held at Kallang National Stadium. It also marked the first collaboration between SAF and Singapore Polytechnic, while this year sadly marks the last partnership because my course became extinct.
Ah well, that's all history but certainly beautiful memories. I do wish for another chance to be involved in some way or another, or maybe just the pure joy of enjoying the show in the congregation. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.
And thank You Lord for 42 good years, and many more good years to come. =)
11:44 PM