Wednesday, August 22, 2007
the one in the midst of busyness
I woke up, happily haven gotten a full 8 hours of sleep, washed up, did my laundry and sat down to start printing my notes and to pour through my reading materials required for discussion during Friday's Public Administration class. Quite sad, but perhaps that's all to life here in hall. Upon reaching my room, I will switch Jerri on immediately and settle down in the most comfortable posture possible and start my work. Well, the routine paid off as I realised at the beginning of this week that I managed to catch up on whatever I am supposed to do, and even had the chance to finish my to-do list in advance! Which explains why I'm doing Friday's tutorial today.
No life, you may say? I can't beg to differ at this present moment, coz I paused for a while and realised that I'm not the me I was in poly. Perhaps then I had the "luxury" of travelling back to the East, thus by the time I reached home, the urgency to start work would not flew off with the MRT train. Or perhaps it's the environment. When you're surrounded by uni students who are mugging hard, you can't help but catch on their culture. Or then again, maybe I've lost my life?
But I don't feel that way actually. Coz I do still keep in contact with the "outside world" through MSN, SMS and even the phone. I have fun and the chance to let down my hair during mealtimes with Draco people, I constantly 'communicate' with my poly friends like Shu Hui who never fails to disturb/accompany me every night. I still am waiting for CY and Pam to confirm when our next squash+gym outing is. I have an active church life, serving every fortnight.
And though I feel the burden on my shoulders getting heavier as each week passes, as deadlines for my papers draw near, most importantly, I know Who is holding my hand as I walk down this route. I really can't see the end, but at least I see my next step. I have no idea what's in store for me, but I have trust and faith in the One Who has brought me here.
I'm putting on repeat mode Corrinne May's "Five Loaves & Two Fishes" and constantly remind myself to have the faith of that little boy.
"Take my five loaves & two fishes
Do with it as You will
I surrender"
-Corrinne May
10:55 AM