Tuesday, September 11, 2007
the one about a triangle of trust
All my life, since the day I started taking responsibility for myself, I've lived by 2 mottos: "hard work never kills" and "no expectations, no disappointment."
Some people say I work too hard. But I believe that hard work never kills, so I push myself to the ultimate I can ever reach. It never matters if I am overcome by fatigue or hunger, my question to myself will always be: is that all you can put in? I work very hard, really I do. And if I eventually kill myself, it'll never be due to the fact that the work was hard, but perhaps of some other reasons.
Secondly, if I hold no expectations of people or situations, then I will not be disappointed if they fail to deliver certain expectations. Even if they do, then it's a bonus instead a right. I decided that if I think in such context, my life will be happier.
Last night after dinner, Geri and Daffy came and we talked. The 'girl' kind of talk. We shared our hearts out, we talked, we bared our hearts out. And I teared. All in all, what was shared was kept secret within the triangle. Guess I offered a part of myself to them and they to me as well. Surprisingly, I opened up faster now as compared to in the past. Guess it's the environment. When you face them everyday in the same stringent environment, you'll learn to depend on each other more. I really do appreciate the time taken out to just talk. In the midst of being so busy with life and studies, we forgot to sit down and appreciate people's company. I had a great time last night, coz it ended in laughter. That was very much needed. =)
I love hall life.
11:35 PM