La Musique

Sunday, September 30, 2007

the one about what i can't do

Face it, no one is all powerful or all-knowing except God Himself. And sometimes it takes a lot of courage for someone to confess his inability for everything.

It has been 2 months and counting in my pursue for a media education here in NTU, and I have a conclusion.

A tad too short a time for me to come to a conclusion, you say?
Sometimes, self-realisation arrives faster than others. Self deception never succeeds.

I suck as a journalist.
I lack the spark, the desire, the fire and most importantly, the passion for truth FOR the people. I mean, okay, I like to read, I like to form my own opinions and perceptions but so what? I can't put them down into words! I can say them out but not write them down!

Not to mention that I will be biased. I cannot promise that I will not include my Christian upbringing, values or totally restrain from being influenced by biblical truths in my writings.
I can't promise total objectivity, or at least not at my present stage.

So, my conclusion? I suck as a journalist.
Me? I'm going into broadcast. We need entertainment in our lives.

11:55 PM