Sunday, October 21, 2007
the one about a weekend
This weekend felt more bearable.
Apart from the usual deadlines and mugging, other stuff happened too.
One, I'm officially a driver for one year, which means that I can remove my p-plate. My license did not come easy; I will always remember the lesson on battles fought alone. It taught me that effort does not equate success; it taught me that sometimes, people screw up the elements of success and failure.
Two, the wonderful people in my life who can only make life better. People whom you've known for a decade and who never fails to make your mouth twitch up. People who actually can reminisce with you on primary school days, primary school people, and who themselves still act like primary school kids! People whom I willingly put aside time for. People like my best friends. Thank you so much for supper, though we over-ordered!
Three, I spent time with my family, had dinner at the same table since donkey months ago. It was amazing that everyone was at home this afternoon. It felt real good too. I seldom get to see my brother even when I was still living at home. I used to doubt the part about blood being thicker than water, I no longer do.
The going is going to get tougher. But I must set my eyes on the prize; I have to remember that whatever goes up must come down.
The pot of gold can only be found at the other side of the rainbow.
10:02 PM