Tuesday, November 06, 2007
the one where i go nuts
My papers start next week. It’s so amazing that time has the ability to slip through our fingers without us realising it. I just can’t believe that my final 100m sprint is here. I hope I had at least ran a good race this semester.
Some random stuff while mugging and studying hard for my papers:
Jinyong was showing "Moulin Rouge" on his laptop while waiting for last Thursday’s NY Scholars' session to start. I LOVE MOULIN ROUGE! It consists of almost every element that I adore: music, choreography, the romance factor and excellent performance by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman. It’s one of those movies that make me cry and thump in my seat regardless of how many times I've watched it.
And if I actually can remember correctly, there was this quote in the movie, "Where it comes to love, there is no highest bidder." Something along these line.
Quite interesting, if you think about it. Not quite true too, if you think about it.
I am going to watch the movie again after my exams.
And so it brings me to my next point, I am seriously deprived of cinematic pleasure!! I have not stepped into the cinema to watch a proper, awe-inspiring and provocative movie for a long time. ("I pronounce you Chuck and Larry" does not count for awe-inspiring.) I wasn't able to catch Lust.Caution when it was showing due to lack of time. I am so going to find George Clooney’s "Goodnight and Good Luck" after exams, I am going to savour 3 season of Grey's Anatomy (my dad's bringing it back from China. Yay!), 1 season of House, the existing episodes of Prison Break 3 and Heroes 2 and brawl my eyes out with the collection of Korean dramas I have.
I have 2 Jodi Picoult's titles to read, 2 Max Lucado's books and the weeks' worth of Newsweek and Time which I have forsaken.
I want to go shopping, to just browse through the stores and catch up with civilization.
I need to go for dinner outings with my friends, catch up with JET and prepare for the festive season at the end of the year.
I want to go play squash and enjoy a good sweat-out.
I am going to be so busy this coming holiday!!
And I have canvassing for FOC to do, a concert to go to; I am involved in SCI FOC Publicity sub-committee and I AM GOING FOR SPEEDLIGHT CAMP!
I’m feeling hyperactive from studying. *Jumps, hops around. Rolls on the floor. Runs and screams at the top of her voice. FLAPS around. Stone and flops onto the floor exhausted*
I shall not give up. I shall not break down.
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want"
Psaml 23:1
12:08 AM