La Musique

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

the one about a bigger enemy

You know what? I am my worst enemy.

Throughout my exams, during the whole duration of sitting in that intimidating dentist chair, in the midst of my pain, loneliness and whatever this life is going to throw me, I fight against myself.

Me, myself only.

This world can't bring me down. You can spit on me, call me names, belittle my self-esteem or just trample all over me but you will not succeed in creating even a dent.
But if I allow my fear, my trepidation, my worries or my burdens take over, they will devour me in the matter of a split second.

So guess who's the bigger villain?

That's what I gathered after one month of grueling ordeal. Pretty random huh?

I am so not looking forward to results day.
But I'm looking forward to Christmas with my family and friends.
I am looking forward to Speedlight Camp, surprise of all surprises considering my last proper speedlight camp being the event which made me cry for months.
I am looking forward to Watchnight Service cause we missed 2 years of Watchnight.

Most importantly, I am looking forward to another good year ahead.

Well, don't think tonight's the night for self-reflection of the year. I'll head back to this chapter another night.

Till then, it's just me and my lonesome self, guarding this big hollow four walls we call 'home'. My parents and brother are out of town.

11:05 PM