La Musique

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

the one where i need a burning bush

The only line repeating on my lips on Sunday was "they made a mistake." And seriously, I thought they had made the mistake in picking me to be a group leader for Speedlight Camp. Like they put the wrong name down or something.

It's different from being involved in any other camps.
In church camps, you are held with spiritual responsibility and accountability.
And this time around, I am stepping out into unfamiliar territory. Not as worship main committee member or in the camp worship team; this time I am going to be responsible for people. If I make one mistake, it's detrimental.

I am not sure whether I am up to it. I am not sure whether I will say the right things, pray right, act right, do anything right. I'm not sure if I'm the person for it. I feel like Moses before He encountered the burning bush.

I need to look for my burning bush.
I looked everywhere for my burning bush.
Yan Sing says I need to find my Aaron too.

But today's a breakthrough. I think I found my burning bush today.
"Life is an occasion. Rise up to it"
I have to rise up to my responsibility. No, I have to rise above it.
God can't make a mistake. He knows the end from the beginning.
If I'm going to do it, I better do it right with God on my side.

There goes my idea of being on the receiving end for camp.
God has His ways to make His plans come through.

11:42 PM