Saturday, January 05, 2008
the one about love & gratitude
It has been almost one week since the flip of the new calendar but I have yet to pack up my past year. Well, here goes:
In 2007, I finished my last semester in poly, which happened to be my internship at Mediacorp.
In 2007, I ended a relationship of two years, hoping that we could still resolve to be friends.
In 2007, I put on my robe, stood in the convention centre and received my diploma. I said goodbye, farewell and archived that part of my life’s journey into my memory bank.
In 2007, I embarked on another chapter of my life. I entered university, chose a route which was uncertain for me, was blessed with providence and tasted communal living. I opened up to people, to myself and explored the wilder side of me.
In 2007, I've been through trials, tribulations, pain, uncertainty but I have also experienced joy, assurance, peace and most importantly, companionship.
For 2007, I thank God; for the Presence that surrounds and engulfs; for the Understanding that guides and leads; for the Love that never fails.
To my family, I thank:
For the love and encouragement you’ve shown;
the mother who fought the disease and taught me what courage is;
the father who gave me wings to fly;
the elder brother who cared in his own special way;
every one in my family who is ever so proud of me.
To you, my love I give.
To my xiao mei, I thank:
For just being you; for bringing smiles to my face; for lighting up that flame in me; for simply running to me whenever you needed someone to hear you cry and wail; for being that sister I’ve always wanted.
To you, my love I give.
To my best friends, I thank:
For the decade of friendship deeply cherished; for knowing the cry of my heart without me having to say a word; for always being there; for the wisdom you have to knock sense into me; for the promise you make to always walk alongside me; for companionship; for friendship.
To you, my love I give.
To Ohana, I thank:
for the sacrifice made to spend time together; for the crazy laughter and mad times spent; for all the memories created together. If only words can say much more.
To you, my love I give.
To the muso and all servants of Christ who served alongside me, I thank:
For lessons on worship before servanthood, for the crazy jam times, for the prayer support and spiritual guidance.
To all of you, my gratitude I show.
To my cell group, I thank:
for receiving me back though I have missed out so much; for the spiritual lessons and the prayer support; for endless suppers and makan sessions; for being my cell.
To all of you, my gratitude I show.
To my hall people, I thank:
my roomie who has become a confidant; the friends who are there to make me laugh; for a square of trust which truly is bonded by what the human eye cannot see.
To all of you, my gratitude I show.
To my poly friends, I thank:
for 3 good solid years together, for graduating with such a bang together, for the crazy karaoke sessions, for enjoyable shopping trips and many supper times; for just being there as I closed my poly chapter.
To all of you, my gratitude I show.
To you who have managed to last to the very end, I thank:
for being a faithful reader to my lengthy entries; for being my friend; for adding colour to my life.
To all of you, my heartfelt gratitude.
And to my Omega, I give praise:
for an end only signifies another beginning; for every breath I take represent one step closer to Heaven; for every new year signifies the drawing near of my Lord’s Coming; for You are Worthy.
To You my Lord, I shall forever worship.
2:56 AM