Friday, February 15, 2008
the one about gerry
It's Love Week this week since Valentine's was yesterday. So I did try to be less cynical and I did make Fusion this week as lovely as possible.
And since 'love is in the air', I shall pen my two cents' worth.
I think I'm at the stage where I am very satisfied with my life now. I mean, satisfied in the sense that I am not ready to make any major changes. I do not feel like I'm lacking in any aspect in my life though there's no special someone by my side. I do not feel like I can only be complete if I am in a relationship. I do not even know if I am cut out for marriage. Truth be told, I rather have a child than a husband.
But I know God does not call us to be in solitude but to enjoy the presence of company. Not everyone is called to celibacy.
If I am to marry, I want to be like Holly from "PS I love you". I want to meet my Gerry; my Gerry who is my husband, friend and soul-mate. My Gerry who will be able to turn my life upside down if he ever leaves to go home before me, my Gerry whom I will gladly stay a widow for, my Gerry who is able to walk me through every single day even when he isn't around.
And when I meet my Gerry, I will know. There will be no doubt about it, no split second of hesitation. I do not have to crack my brains over it, do not have to ponder or question; I will know it because God says so and I say so too.
I have not met "Gerry" yet so for now, I'm enjoying every moment of single-hood. *smile*
After one year of regaining my single-hood, I've never felt more sure.
And the guy ever present in my display pictures is not my boyfriend. He is someone more SUPERIOR than any guy in my life. My future boyfriend or husband is second in line to him! Yes bestie, that's you.
9:19 PM