La Musique

Friday, February 22, 2008

the one about a sacrifice

This week is relatively easier as compared to hellish week last week. And since I have finished everything, I thought I should sit down and write.
Nat's right, we shouldn't write for the sake of writing but then again, I'm taking modules with journalism training. And journalism is all about writing for the sake of meeting print deadline right?

Well, I do have a topic to talk about.

I have heard some Christian friends (sadly) who actually said that they "don't mind going to hell if that's where all their loved ones are heading."

My friends, my next question to you is: do you love your loved ones?

Eternity is not meant to be placed on a plate to be causally browsed over during dinner, eternity is not just another sub-topic in your conversations. Eternity matters because the years we spend on earth pales in comparison to the exact length of Eternity.

In fact, eternity mattes so much and the final destination of our souls matter just as much too. Eternity is where the word "forever" comes to life and where you're heading determines paradise or suffering.

Hell is not some place you can "don't mind going." In fact, this mentality is WHAT satan wants to develop. He wants to bring as many of us down with him.

The Bible is so clear about this: there's a Heaven and you CAN get to Heaven (not like myths where only deities are able to reside there). There's only one Way there: Jesus Christ.

Note how specific my God is: "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except though me." John 14:6. There is no other way but Jesus. Forget those false prophets who tell you all religions are the same, pay no heed to atheists who say that there is no God, do not listen to those who say that we worship the same god in every religion. There is only ONE WAY. And that Way has provided the sacrifice.

Let's put it simply, if you commit a crime, you have to pay, right?
It's the same as sin. We sin, thus we're unrighteous and there's this big gulf between us unrighteous people and the Holy Righteous God. Follow me so far?
Now, sin has separated us from God BUT God loves us so much He can't bear for this separation so He needed to clothe us with righteousness in order to be in a relationship with us. Why? Because He is holy and our unholiness will not allow us to be in sweet fellowship with him.
We have to pay a price for our sin in order to have communion with Him again BUT we can't pay that price. Put it simply, we're not worthy to pay the price because we're blemished. There is the need for a spotless person to pay the price. Sounds unfair right? But that's the truth.

So factor Jesus into the equation. Here comes this man who was born not of the seed of Adam (as we all are) but from the Holy Spirit (Mary did not have sex with Joseph then). He walked this earth, was exposed to every form of temptation we are exposed to YET he sin not. Cool right?
So, He is unblemished and thus since He has walked the same path we take but totally sin-free, only Jesus is worthy to pay the price. And He did. He died on the cross for YOU and ME.

Unfair you say? No, very fair. We can't pay the price we have to pay so God made a way.
"We have to pay for our own sin" you say. Yes, true but we're unable to.
"Then let us stay in eternal damnation." But that's not what God wants.
You can continue arguing whether it's right, whether it's fair, whether it's real. You can continue debating on the authenticity of Christ's heritage but face it, it has been done. Christ has died for you already. He has risen from the dead an has conquered sin. Whether you want to continue wallowing in your mud, HE HAS PAID THE PRICE ALREADY. And since He has done so, you can't stop Him from doing so, why not receive his gift?

You know like how someone gives you a gift and you go "Oh gosh, you shouldn't have" but the best thing is to receive it and thank the giver. And make a mental note to return a gift/favour to the giver?

That should be it. We should receive His gift, say "thank you Jesus" and seek to offer Him a gift worthy of Him.

So my friends, the Way is set for you. And the Way leads to Heaven.

If you say that you love your family and friends, for Christ's sake (since He paid the price for your salvation), love them to Heaven. I can understand that you want to be where they are going to be, and I'm sure as much as they want to be where you are. If you love them, you'll care about their eternity. There's no "never", no "what if" but a "God will make a way" and "God is all powerful."
How will you know they'll reject if you have never tried?
How will you know they will not accept at the second, third, fourth or hundredth time you ask?

Trust in Him to love your loved ones to Heaven but you have to be his messenger on this earth. Bring the good news to them and be sure to see them in Heaven.

Let's overflow Heaven.

*PS: I know this is a sensitive topic. I know I'll be subjected to critics, cynical remarks and unkind comments. I welcome them but I do not claim to know every answer. Only my God does. And if I choose to keep silent now, how am I going to face my Creator? =)*

1:25 AM